ONLC arranged the Thursday night entertainment beginning with ceremonial smudging. This was followed by a tasty traditional indigenous dinner, and a small group of dancers who encouraged all conference participants to join in the fun. This event was noted as a favourite on the overall conference evaluations!
The Friday night banquet was also a hit. Gareth Bond was a natural as the emcee for the evening that began with a lovely meal, followed by the Arnie Stewart Individual Achievement Recognition student awards, where all students in attendance were recognized with a framed certificate. Guest speaker, Melody Campbell, followed the student awards with her very funny, yet informative 'History of Humour' presentation. The evening ended with our first ever 'Games and Raffle Night'. The Plinko, Bean Bag Toss, Golf Putt and Horse Racing games were enjoyed by all and the fantastic raffle prizes made it even more exciting.
The variety of interesting, informative workshop choices offered over the 3 day event along with everything else made for a very successful conference!
Thank you to:
- Ontario Native Literacy Coalition for partnering with LLO for the second year in a row. What ONLC has added to the conference is invaluable.
- Hamilton Literacy Council for being such gracious co-hosts
- 15 amazing presenters who shared their time and knowledge
- All of the volunteers that helped out
- Everyone who attended the conference. It would not have been such a success without all of you.
Here are highlights, summaries, and photos from our previous annual conferences:
- Conference 2015: Lighting the Path to the Future
- Conference 2014: Measuring and Celebrating Success
- Conference 2013: Looking ahead
- Conference 2012: Reaching your goals, reaching your dreams
- Conference 2011: Celebration
- Conference 2010: Keys to success
- Conference 2009: Sharing pearls of Wisdom